OAC Ministries can help churches contact, connect, & communicate with people. We specialize in communicating Christ’s core message in the community, and co-operate with your continuing ministries.
Short Term outreach skills
- training in some of the active learning modes we use:
art, games, stories, symbols, object lessons, etc
- storyboarding presentations, for content, & multi-mode learning methods
- resources, books, tips etc.
- Camp: still the most effective way to fast-track both relationships and understanding.
- Community Contact Weeks: a series of events over a week or two. Kind of a camp-at-home.
- Invitation events, at which you want the Gospel well-put.
(eg. Breakfast, after dinner speaker, Open Day, Youth Event, etc.)
- Special Sunday service: a fresh voice can make a difference
- Why reinvent the wheel? We can introduce you to specialists in camping, training, resources, chaplaincy, local networks. Even international networks of expertise.
- Collaborate on an outreach that connects the local resources – churches, parachurches, schools, chaplains, even governments?
Long Term outreach development
- Christ-based community development draws from the Spirit to keep transforming the world around us for good, despite the hardships.
- How to Contact, Connect, Communicate, & even Continue with friends & neighbors over the long term.
- Christ-centered, Community-sent, Relationships context, Skills & Knowhow, Spiritual gifts & sensitivity
- 5 sessions including workshop through a LifeSharing checklist. Do it in a short day, camp, or series of visits. LifeSharing post. See Comments page. Enquire here.
- Apply cross-cultural missionary practices here. Why? Because we humans express ourselves through our culture. So when an outreach makes sense to us culturally, it resonates more deeply.
- With SUNO Geoff trains such missios for mainstream Australian cultures: the overseas missio’s readily understand. We keep the core beliefs & practices, yet can flex the cultural expressions.
Specfic assistance depending where your church is in the APEPT cycle (Eph 4:11)
- Apostolic) Start-up. Clarifying foundational mission thinking.
- Prophetic) Credibility. Life-Sharing skills, being involved in the local community.
- Evangelistic) Inspiring. Explaining your faith. OAC’s specialty.
- Pastoral)Healing. A “baton” of teaching to be passed on, core beliefs & practices.
- Teaching)Deepening. Raising APE’s. The pastoral and teaching types are already affirmed & active, but who wants to be identified as an Apostle, Prophet or Evangelist? And what the heck are they anyway? Geoff can illuminate this in a way that’s not freaky, but in fact liberating for them and helpful for the church.
- We sharpen outreach skills for numerous other outreach agencies
- Theological Colleges – esp. missiology, apologetics, & evangelism.
- Alliances – we love to see churches work with parachurches and Christians in all spheres
A Conversation is a good start: Contact Geoff here.